Are schools open?
Although Tuesday, January 17 is a non-student day, all facilities will be closed due to extreme icy conditions that continue to last in many neighborhoods and school parking lots.
School resumes on Tuesday, January 3 for all schools except Sojourner Elementary, where school begins on Wednesday, January 4.
All schools are not in session on Monday, January, 16 and Tuesday, January 17 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and an inservice/teacher work day.
Have a terrific January.
The school closure hotline at 503.353.6020 will be updated by 6:30 a.m. on any given day when weather or other factors may close schools.
Have a wonderful January.
Are Schools Open?
Ways to find out:
If schools are closed or delayed, information will be provided in the following locations. (If schools are open as scheduled, these locations will not be updated.)
1. Call the School Closure Hotline: 503-353-6020. This is available in English, Spanish, Russian, & Vietnamese. This will be updated by 6:30 a.m. if there is a school closure or delay. If there is no reason to update the hotline, callers are provided with the days off for the current month.
2. Go to the Headlines section on the school district web page, www.nclack.k12.or.us. This will be updated if there is a closure or delay.
3. Follow the district Twitter page (@nc12schools).
4. Become a Facebook friend of North Clackamas Schools and check Facebook in the early morning hours, or visit: http://www.facebook.com/NorthClackamasSchools
5. Sign up to receive an email. Go to Subscribe to School News at the left.
6. Go to http://www.flashalert.net/ to sign up to receive a text message.
7. Check the news: TV Channels 2, 6, 8 and 12.
The following FM stations:
The following AM stations:
What does the Information mean?
When schools are closed for a day due to an emergency, weather or safety factors, the school building will not be used for day care, evening events, classes or activities. Unless otherwise stated, all evening meetings and activities are cancelled.
Schools will be opened, but two hours late. School buses will operate as close to two hours behind schedule as road conditions will allow. THERE MAY BE A DELAY FOR SPECIFIC SCHOOLS OR FOR CERTAIN SCHOOL LEVELS (SUCH AS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ONLY).
When there is a two-hour delay,
Bus snow routes may differ from regular routes. School bus drivers and the individual schools will provide students and parents with information about snow route bus stops. The Transportation Department also has this information.
Early Release and Activities
When schools must close early, activities (including child care) will be canceled and early transportation home will be arranged.