Financial Information SSC Scholarship Information
What is Extended Application?
NCSD Vision and Outcomes for the Extended Application:
- Objective: What are NCSD studens going to do when they graduate from high school?
- Vision: Graduating students will move on to further learning, to reach a level of employment that will provide them with a living wage job and opportunities for career advancement.
- Outcome: Every student has a researched post-high school plan with supporting docuents to help him/her reach desired and projected goals.
NAVIANCE is an on-line tool that helps students and parent plan for college and careers.
North Clackamas Schools is pleased to introduce Naviance Family Connection, a web-based service designed to help parents work with students to plan for college and career.
Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website to help make decisions about colleges and careers. High school counselors and teachers can also use this service to track and analyze data about each student’s college and career plans.
Family Connection will allow students and parents t
• Complete the Extended Application (EA): The Extended Application is a post-graduation plan that each high school senior must complete to graduate in North Clackamas. This can be started within Naviance as soon as the summer before senior year. Using Naviance for the EA process is required for all seniors.
• Start planning for college and career: Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage deadlines for decisions about college applications and career planning.
• Research colleges: Rank your priorities and see which colleges are the best fit. Try the College Match tool to discover colleges interested in receiving applications from students like you.
• Sign up for college visits: Find out which colleges are visiting your school, sign up to attend those sessions, and receive reminder emails as the event approaches.
To sign in to Naviance, use the Naviance link on your high school web site. Use the student’s Google Docs log-in and password.
Rex Putnam: https://connection.naviance.com/familyconnection/auth/login/?hsid=rexphs
Counselors can post student tasks in Family Connection, so plan to log in to the site at least once a week. If you have any questions, contact your student’s counselor.
Juniors will be introduced to Naviance in May. Freshmen and sophomores will receive this information in the fall. In addition, the CIS (Career Information System) will remain available to students.