Wichita Center for Family & Community
For 100 years, Wichita School was a resource to our community, educating and helping generations of children. Now, that legacy lives on in the Wichita Center for Family & Community.
Established in fall 2009 by North Clackamas Schools, Wichita Center is a hub of services for families seeking support.
Programs in the building include:
• Family Support Center: resources for homeless students & families facing hard times.
• Lunch Buddies: weekly lunch time mentorship for at-risk elementary children
• Backpack Buddies: weekend nutrition program for elementary kids in need
• Dental Health Solutions: dental hygiene, screening, and critical care for children without dental insurance or access to a care provider
• Ready, Set, Go! A kindergarten readiness program for children & parents
• Head Start: quality preschool for low-income children, age 3 and 4
• WIC: a nutrition program for low-income Women, Infants & Children
• North Clackamas Education Foundation: a non-profit that raises funds for North Clackamas Schools
• Clackamas County Mental Health: mental health services for those covered by the Oregon Health Plan
• Community Services: Facility use, child care, driver education, and SafetyTown classes in North Clackamas Schools