The New Urban Site Council is a team of teachers, staff, parents, principal and others our community who work together to help New Urban High School be successful. The Site Council may:
- help shape and support the school's mission and vision
- help develop the School Improvement Plan
- create more ownership and commitment for decisions and outcomes
- drive school change and develop conditions for success
- have input into the selection of school staff and principal
Through involvement of school staff, parents, students and other community members, the Site Council can create more effective learning environments for children. In some cases, the Site Council can make decisions. In other cases, the Site Council can make recommendations. In all cases, Board of Education policies on curriculum, standards and assessment must be followed.
Site Council normally meets the second Friday of the month at 7:30 AM in the conference room.
The 2012-13 Site Council members are:
- Terry Craytor, Staff - Classified
- Michael Englen, Staff - Administrator
- Julie Houstin, Parent
- Daniale Lynch, Staff - Certified
- Claudette Mohr, Parent
- Scott Mohr, Student
- Rian Winter, Staff - Certified