If you are not sure of the best location, feel free to send the application as follows:
- email@example.com, fax it to 503-353-6035 or
- Mail it to Kathy Harrison,North Clackamas Schools, 4444 SE Lake Road, Milwaukie 97222
- Contact Kathy at 503-353-6019 with any questions.
Employees: complete the attached employee mentor form
and submit to Kathy Harrison.
* North Clackamas Schools is the largest volunteer organization in Clackamas County.
* More than 7,400 volunteers serve in our 30 schools.
* North Clackamas volunteers contribute work hours equivalent to 103 full-time school employees. That"s the size of the staff at our largest school, Clackamas High.
* Our seven School Board members contributed 2222 volunteer hours last year, an average of 317 hours each. They do not receive any compensation for serving our community.
* Youths who meet regularly with an adult mentor are:
-- 46% less likely to start using illegal drugs than their peers
-- 27% less likely to drink alcohol
-- 33% less likely to engage in violence
*Volunteering runs in the family
Research reveals that young volunteers are most likely to come from families where someone volunteers. Most say they want to help people, and they"re most likely to believe they can make a difference in their communities. Those are the findings among the data released by The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE). The research on youth volunteering trends found that 50% of young people between the ages of 18 and 25 who volunteer were more likely to grow up in a family where someone spent time volunteering; while 65% of youth who do not volunteer followed their non-volunteering family"s lead. Further, the data showed that 60percent of young people who volunteered came from a household where politics was discussed.