Are Schools Open?
Ways to find out:
If schools are closed or delayed, information will be provided in the following locations. (If schools are open as scheduled, these locations will not be updated.)
1. Call the School Closure Hotline: 503-353-6020. This is available in English, Spanish, Russian, & Vietnamese. This will be updated by 6:30 a.m. if there is a school closure or delay. If there is no reason to update the hotline, callers are provided with the days off for the current month.
2. Go to the Headlines section on the school district web page, www.nclack.k12.or.us. This will be updated if there is a closure or delay.
3. Become a Facebook friend of North Clackamas Schools and check Facebook in the early morning hours, or visit: http://www.facebook.com/NorthClackamasSchools
4. Sign up to receive an email. Go to Subscribe to School News
5. Go to http://www.flashalert.net/ to sign up to receive a text message.
6. Check the news: TV Channels 2, 6, 8 and 12.
The following FM stations:
The following AM stations:
What does the Information mean?
When schools are closed for a day due to an emergency, weather or safety factors, the school building will not be used for day care, evening events, classes or activities. Unless otherwise stated, all evening meetings and activities are cancelled.
Schools will be opened, but two hours late. School buses will operate as close to two hours behind schedule as road conditions will allow. THERE MAY BE A DELAY FOR SPECIFIC SCHOOLS OR FOR CERTAIN SCHOOL LEVELS (SUCH AS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ONLY).
Bus snow routes may differ from regular routes. School bus drivers and the individual schools will provide students and parents with information about snow route bus stops. The Transportation Department also has this information.
Early Release and Activities
When schools must close early, activities (including child care) will be canceled and early transportation home will be arranged.
When there is a two-hour delay, all kindergarten classes will be canceled (both morning and afternoon).
When schools close early because of inclement weather, no afternoon kindergarten sessions will be held.
In the event of a two-hour early release, morning kindergarten students will ride home with the older students on the regular routes.