2016 Capital Construction Bond
2016 Capital Construction Bond Summary Publication
Click here to view the Bond Summary publication in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, or Chinese.
Basic repairs, many large-scale, on many schools' systems, such as: heating, ventilation, roofing, plumbing, windows, lighting, and grounds.
- Renovated facilities at eight schools; upgrades will accommodate space for science, technology, engineering, mathematics courses, and new vocational education equipment.
- Increased school safety, such as adding fire alarms and suppression systems, school locking systems, security cameras, and updating emergency communication systems.
- Improving building seismic protection at high-risk schools.
- Replacing/renovating 90-year old Milwaukie High School on its current site.
- Addressing overcrowding by constructing a new elementary school, converting Rock Creek Middle School to a 4th comprehensive high school, and purchasing land for a future school.
Increasing classroom technology by improving infrastructure for teachers and students.
- Acquiring land for new Transportation facility.
- Additional facility upgrades district-wide, such as renewing/rebuilding school equipment, updating furnishings, and site improvements.
Cost of 2016 Capital Construction Bond
Bond Commitments Bond Milestone Schedule Additional bond projects exceeding commitments Energy Conservation Efforts