About North Clackamas Schools
North Clackamas School District (NCSD) is Oregon's sixth-largest school district and spans more than 40 square miles just southeast of Portland, OR. This page is designed to provide an overview of this dynamic school district, which serves the communities of Milwaukie and Happy Valley, along with other parts of Clackamas County. Visitors are encouraged to explore NCSD's website, Facebook, and Twitter (@nc12schools) accounts to learn more. Each of NCSD's 32 schools has a website and most have a social media presence, so take a look!
32 Schools Dedicated to Serving Each Student
18 Elementary Schools
- 4 middle schools
- 5 high schools
- 4 Charter Schools
- 1 Technical-Professional Center (2 campuses)
- Asian: 11%
- Black/African American: 2%
- Hispanic/Latino: 20%
- Multiracial: 9%
- White: 57 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: <1%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: <1%
2022 High School Graduation Rate:
- 2021-22 four-year graduation rate: 86.0% (OR state average: 81.3%)
- 2012-22 five-year graduation rate: 90.0% (OR state average: 83.8%)
- This rate is largely consistent for NCSD's High School graduates of color, and far exceeds Oregon's average.
- NCSD attributes the graduation rate gains to focusing on the whole child, offering robust, culturally-competent classroom options, being home to Oregon's largest Career and Technical program, and authentically affirming the identity of each child and family.
More About NCSD
- NCSD Strategic Plan 2022-27
- Budget home page
- 2022-23 Adopted Budget: ~$269.3 million
- NCSDTV -- Download the app to your phone or Smart TV to view any of our videos, including student productions!
- Proud to Be NCSD Podcast
- NCSD School Board
- 2021-22 Oregon at-a-glance district profile
- 2016 Capital Construction Bond
- Long Range Facility Plan (LRFP)