North Clackamas School District (NCSD) is Oregon's seventh-largest school district and spans more than 40 square miles just southeast of Portland, OR. This page is designed to provide an overview of this dynamic school district, which serves the communities of Milwaukie and Happy Valley, along with other parts of Clackamas County. Visitors are encouraged to explore NCSD's website, Facebook, and Twitter (@nc12schools) accounts to learn more. Each of NCSD's 31 schools has a website and most have a social media presence, so take a look!
31 Schools Dedicated to Serving Each Student
18 Elementary Schools
- 4 middle schools
- 5 high schools
- 3 Charter Schools
- 1 Technical-Professional Center (2 campuses)
2020 Student Demographics
- Asian: 10.1%
- Black/African American: 2.1%
- Hispanic/Latino: 19.5%
- Multi-racial: 8.7%
- White: 58.7 %
2021 High School Graduation Rate:
- 2020-21: 88%
- This rate is largely consistent for NCSD's High School graduates of color, and far exceeds Oregon's average.
- NCSD attributes the graduation rate gains to focusing on the whole child, offering robust, culturally-competent classroom options, being home to Oregon's largest Career and Technical program, and authentically affirming the identity of each child and family.
NCSD Financial Information:
- Overall Budget (2022-23 Adopted Budget): ~$269.3 million