Skip To Main Content

Menu Trigger Container



Sticy header


Menu Trigger Container


Landing-nav, don't delete

Breadcrumb, don't delete

Housing Support

Homeless Liaison/McKinney-Vento Services

 If you are experiencing homelessness, please contact our center at (503) 353-5663 or complete the referral form. We will help you enroll in school and provide you with other resources through the Family Support Center.


Sulma Martinez

McKinney-Vento Liaison

Jaalam Roberson

McKinney-Vento Liaison

Chris James, Oregon Dept. of Education

State Homeless Education Coordinator


Educational Rights of Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness 

 Who is Considered Eligible?

  • Students who are temporarily sharing housing with friends or relatives due to loss of housing or economic hardship (doubled-up)

  • Students living in motels, trailer parks, or campgrounds due to the lack of alternative accommodations

  • Students living in emergency or transitional shelters

  • Students who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, or other substandard housing

  • Students who are unaccompanied (living w/o a parent or guardian) and are living in circumstances described above

  • Migrant students who qualify as homeless because the students are living in circumstances described above

Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness Have the Right To:

  • Go to school, no matter where they live or how long that they have lived there 

  • Continue in the school that they last attended before becoming homeless 

  • Receive transportation to the school they last attended 

  • Enroll in school without giving a permanent address 

  • Enroll in & attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment

  • Receive free meals at school

Housing Resources:

Clackamas County:

Clackamas Coordinating Housing Access Line: 503-655-8575

Please call Clackamas County intake line to see what programs you are eligible for.  Call between 9am and 5pm Monday through Thursday and leave a message. Your call will be returned within 3 business days.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, please call Clackamas Women's Services 24 hr Crisis Line at (503) 654-2288 or Call to Safety (503)235-5333

Multnomah County:

  • Call 211 Info- 2-1-1 or (503) 222-5555

Washington County:

  • Call (503) 640-3263
  • 211 Info- 2-1-1 or (503) 222-5555