(Between two NCSD neighborhood schools)
To apply for an in-district transfer between two neighborhood schools, please complete the form below. Please note that if a student attends under a transfer, all transportation is the responsibility of the family. They will not have access to school district buses.
Requests for the following school year are accepted beginning in the second semester of the previous year.
Note that our timeframe for reviewing applications is the 3rd week of each month. Please have your student continue to attend their current school until you have a response. Thank you!
The timeframe designated for reviewing transfer requests is as follows:
|If you complete an application:||You will be notified by:|
|1st full week of February- May 1st||
|May 1st - August 1st||
|August 1st- August 15th (by end of day)||We will review before the first day of school (September 6th). Appeals process may extend past the beginning of the school year.|
|After August 15th through the end of the school year||We will review once per month, during the 3rd week of the month.|
We encourage families to apply early to avoid uncertainty and instability for students during the school year.
If you’re not sure which school is your neighborhood school, you may use the NCSD School Locator to find out.
If you are interested in one of our school choice options, you do not need to use this transfer process. Instead, visit the websites for those schools for instructions on how to apply.
If you have moved to a new neighborhood within the North Clackamas boundaries, you do not need to use the transfer process to enroll your student in their new neighborhood school. Simply bring proof of residence to the new school's front office and they can change your student's enrollment in our Synergy/ParentVUE system.
If you wish to apply for a transfer to take effect during the CURRENT school year (2022-23) please call the Office of Enrollment Options at 503-353-6048.
The six school-board approved criteria for in-district transfers are:
- The parents request completion of the final year at a level (5th, 8th and 12th grades), except when attendance boundary changes have been made by the district.
- Behavioral issues necessitate placement in a different educational setting with agreement by parents and administrators of both resident and requested schools.
- There is a need to stabilize the school experience when a student has had multiple prior school moves, which may be due to homelessness or foster care placement.
- There has been substantial upheaval in the home due to military deployment, death, illness, or absence of a parent.
- The student is involved in a documented case of severe harassment, intimidation, threats, bullying or cyberbullying. (Resident school administration must have documentation of student and family working with school staff to solve the problem).
- The student has accessible or established before and/or after school care near the requested school. (This criterion is open to Elementary families only. Please provide the name and address of the childcare provider.)
For further information, please reference our In-District Transfer Policy (below).
If you still have questions, please contact Rachel Vidalez at 503-353-6048, or firstname.lastname@example.org